Summer season is quickly approaching and Beech Mountain Resort is seeking motivated individuals to fulfill various positions. It is important that we hire dedicated, responsible, and personable employees. Positive employee morale is imperative, so we strive to ensure a fun and exciting working environment.
Mountain Bike Instructor
Beech Mountain Resort is seeking a qualified and passionate instructor to teach and guide in the Learn to Ride school.
This is a fun and unique position, set in one of the most beautiful places in North Carolina. Employing hard-working, dedicated, positive individuals, with extensive knowledge and passion for the sport, is a priority to Beech Mountain Resort.
- Instructing and Guiding
- Teach the mountain bike riding fundamentals to groups and individuals
- Lead basic skills progression from getting to know your bike to cornering, braking and descending
- Help guests access trails
- Learn and utilize all trail system guidelines
- Educate guests on trail system guidelines
The Instructor will attend mandatory and voluntary educational and safety clinics.
- Excellent communication skills – must be able to lead multiple group lessons while professionally communicating with guests to assure their safety and comfort
- Punctuality & schedule management – must be on time to all briefings, check-ins and lesson assignments
- Physical ability – must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mountain biking knowledge and experience
We’re looking for someone who is…
- A collaborative and supportive team player
- A successful communicator and problem solver
- A strong leader and encouraging teacher
- An excellent people person with professional demeanor and appearance
Applicants must be available to work Thursday – Sunday and must complete a mandatory instructor training course.
Bike Trail Crew
- Responsible for the general upkeep of our bike trails.
- Duties may include shoveling, grass mowing, haying, seeding, raking, mulching, weeding, planting, pruning, edging, watering, fertilizing, applying pesticides, and removal of trash and debris.
- Must be able to safely operate hand tools, power mowers, weed trimmers, sweepers, leaf blowers, and other small power equipment.
- Person must be reliable and hardworking with the ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Must be able to follow directions and also be able to work unsupervised.
- ATV driving experience preferred.
Beech Mountain Resort is seeking personable and reliable employees to fulfill the position of Bike Mechanic.
- Repair, check, and fix bikes following industry standards.
- Prepare bikes on time for tours and other deadlines
- Take notes of all the works done on bikes + update the database.
- Keep the inventory of the workshop updated.
- Keep the bench and the workshop clean.
- Provide feedback about bicycles and be a part of the mechanic and office team
- Delivery bicycles to rental customers
- Be customer service oriented and personable as you are the face of our company
- Assist with related material (such as bicycle accessories, tools, tour preparation materials) and
- Inventory management as needed.
- Ability manage his or her own time
- Ability to prioritize
- Good team player
- Able to problem solve and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Punctuality and schedule management
- Excellent communication skills
We’re looking for someone who is…
- An excellent people person with a professional demeanor and appearance
- An outdoor enthusiast
- Prepare tables with special attention to sanitation and order
- Attend to customers upon entrance
- Present menus and help customers select food/beverages
- Take/serve orders and answer questions or make recommendations for other products
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/bar staff
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Issue bills and accept payment
- Promote dedication from customers
- Proven customer serving experience
- Customer-oriented approach and patience
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Hands on experience in cashier duties
- Excellent people skills
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
Beech Mountain Resort has an immediate opening for an experienced, forward-thinking line cook who is passionate about culinary arts. The ideal candidate for this position will be an individual with experience, drive and enthusiasm for food. This is a full-time position.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Restaurant cooking experience required
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated to food quality and control
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
Beech Mountain is located in an adverse weather region. Reliable transportation in all occurrences of weather is required. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of state and federal criminal background check.
Beech Mountain Resort is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to providing a diverse workforce and are a drug/tobacco free work environment.