We encourage all riders to digitally sign the mountain biking waiver prior to your arrival in our efforts to give you an expedited and contact free experience. If you are riding for multiple days, you need to sign a waiver for each day you plan to ride.
Buy tickets, rentals, and lessons online now!
The terrain offers something for every rider, from the beginner to experienced. Beginner trails offer a smooth introduction for the novice rider, with friendly and manageable features. Our advanced terrain is steep and technical, with lots of rock, tricky corners and technical wood descents.
Our bike shop also offers services and repairs!
For a full list of Summer 2020 Operational Dates and Hours, click HERE.
Hours of Operation:
- Thursday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Mountain Bike Lift Ticket Pricing:
- Single Ride Ticket: $12
- All Day Ticket: $40
- Junior All Day Ticket (12 and under): $30
- Five and under ride free with a paid adult.
The summit is only accessible by chairlift. Lift tickets are available for purchase in the resort village at Ski Beech Sports. Mountain biking on the property without a lift ticket constitutes trespassing. Self-shuttling is not permitted. There is no drop-off or parking at the summit.
Mountain Bike Lessons
Check out our lesson packages!
Mountain Bike Responsibility Code
Mountain biking involves elements of risk that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Please adhere to the responsibility code.
- Ride in control and within your ability level. You must be able to avoid other people or objects around you.
- Do not use the lifts and trails if your ability is impaired by the use of drugs or alcohol.
- All riders must wear a helmet. Full face helmets, body armor, gloves, knee, shin, and elbow pads are highly recommended.
- Make sure that your bike and components work properly.
- You must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload lifts.
- Stay on designated trails. Obey all signs and warnings. Keep off closed areas.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- Be aware of changing conditions on trails and features.
- Familiarize yourself with the trails and choose trails within your ability. Choose the proper line in a technical area for your ability. When in doubt, walk your bike.
- Stop and prepare to yield when crossing a road used by vehicles, hikers or other cyclists.
- If you are involved in or witness to a collision or accident, you should remain at the scene and identify yourself to the bike patrol.
- Respect the environment and wildlife. Do not litter.
This is a partial list. Be safety conscious. It is your responsibility.
Mountain Bike Rentals
No bike, no problem. We’ve got rentals, including bikes and protective gear!
In Case of Emergency
Retrace your steps, or proceed downhill to find a landmark or one of the small signs along the trails with a letter and a number to indicate your location. This number will help the bike patrol or EMS to locate where you are. Call 828-387-2362 (the bike patrol) to report the incident.
Emerald Outback Trails
During the week, when Beech Mountain Resort is closed, enjoy mountain biking, hiking and trail running year-round on Beech Mountain’s Emerald Outback. For more information, please visit their website.