Opening Day for the 2020 Summer Season will be Friday, June 5th.
Enjoy panoramic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains by taking a scenic lift ride at Beech Mountain Resort. Offered during the summer season, a scenic lift ride is a great way to relax and enjoy your surroundings. At the summit, you can head over to 5506″ Skybar to grab a fresh beverage or hang out for a while just to take it all in. With cool summer temperatures and beautiful views of the mountains, a scenic lift ride is a great way to enjoy your visit to the resort.
During the month of June, Avery and Watauga residents can enjoy a free scenic lift ride! Please present a valid photo I.D. or utility bill with your Avery or Watauga address to redeem your scenic lift ride ticket. Please read rules and regulations below. Offer valid one ticket per resident.
Scenic Lift Rides
- Our single ticket includes one ride up and back down.
Five and under ride free with a paid adult.
Summer Lift Ride Regulations
Scenic lift rides, bicycle access lift rides, and disc golf access lift rides are offered during designated operational hours at Beech Mountain Resort. The Quad Chair Lift is typically used to access the top of our mountain with breathtaking views stretching for miles. The following list of regulations is associated with the above-listed lift ride tickets. Additional regulations not listed may be added.
- No one is guaranteed access to a lift ride, and lift access can be denied
- Scenic, bicycle, and disc golf lift rides are not available during winter operations
- Times of lift operation may change and are subject to weather conditions
- Thunder and lightning and wind may cause the lift to be closed
- Riders must be in suitable physical condition to be able to load and unload the lift
- Dress should be appropriate for changes in temperature and weather
- Proper footwear for walking on the side of a mountain should be worn, flipflops are not allowed
- Children must be at least 36” tall
- No child carriers and no crutches, walkers or wheelchairs are allowed
- Parents are responsible for the safety of their minor children
- Backpacks must be removed and held on the chair or the passenger’s lap
- No one that appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will have access
- No alcohol or open containers are permitted on the lift
- No dogs
- Riders must be able to fit into a rescue harness
- There are no restraint straps or belts on the chairs
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely
BEECH MOUNTAIN RESORT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE THAT DOES NOT FOLLOW, OR WHO DEVIATES FROM THE REGULATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH LIFT USAGE. PLEASE BE ADVISED OF ALL REGULATIONS PRIOR TO PURCHASING A TICKET. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR RAIN. WE OPERATE WHEN IT RAINS, PLEASE CHECK THE WEATHER PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL.
You are entering a high mountain environment. There are inherent risks associated with mountain biking, hiking, or other recreational activities in this type of environment. Trail conditions vary constantly because of weather, biker, hiker, and other use. Variations in terrain, types of ground surface, forest growth, rocks and debris may be encountered and may be hidden by vegetation. Snow making equipment and other natural or manmade obstacles and hazards may exist throughout the area. You enter this area at your own risk, and you must assume any and all risks of personal injury, or death, and damage to equipment.