Beech Mountain Resort is located in the northwest corner of North Carolina in Beech Mountain, the highest incorporated town in the Eastern United States. By car, Beech Mountain is easily reached via the interstate system. Major approaches are I-77, I-81, I-85, I-26 and I-40. Main highways from the interstates are US 221, US 321, US 421 and from East Tennessee — US 19E. From Boone or Linville, North Carolina, take NC 105 to NC 184. Follow NC 184 to Beech Mountain Resort.
Commercial airlines and carriers service the Charlotte, Greensboro (all North Carolina) and Tri-Cities, Tennessee airports. Travel from the airports to Beech Mountain requires a rental car. Call 800-438-2093 and 828-387-2011 for further assistance if needed.
Accessing North Carolina ski resort Beech Mountain Resort by plane is easy to do. With 5 airports within driving distance, Beech Mountain Resort is accessible from anywhere. Patrons will need to rent a car and we recommend having 4-wheel drive or chains in the case we experience winter weather. With hundreds of flights arriving and departing each day, you’ll be able to maximize your time at Beech Mountain Resort.
- Raleigh – Durham International (RDU)
204 Miles – 3 hrs 30 mins
- Google directions from Raleigh Airport- CLICK HERE
- Charlotte International (CLT)
116 Miles – 2 hrs 30 mins
- Google directions from Charlotte Airport- CLICK HERE
- Tri-Cities Airport (TRI)
75 Miles – 1 hr 20 mins
- Google directions from Tri-Cities Airport- CLICK HERE
- Asheville Airport (AVL)
95 Miles – 2 hrs
- Google directions from Asheville Airport- CLICK HERE
- Piedmont Triad Airport (GSO)
133 Miles – 2 hrs 30 mins
- Google directions from Piedmont Triad Airport- CLICK HERE