Skiing Tips for North Carolina
1. Dress in layers. An outer shell of windproof, waterproof, or water resistant material over additional insulating layers is suggested. Add layers to warm up, remove to cool off.
2. Use sunscreen, lip balm and eye protection for UV and UVB rays.
3. Goggles help during rain, snow and snow-making.
4. Always ski with gloves. Good ski gloves provide the best protection against the elements.
5. Wear a hat. You lose 75% of your body heat through the top of your head.
6. Cover exposed skin to protect against frostbite during extreme cold.
7. Remember not to over do it. Take a break to re-fuel and to rest.
8. Wear a smile.