Beech Mountain Resort’s scenic lift ride provides our patrons with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. Climb 830 feet to one of the highest peaks in the area. At the summit, take a group photo, enjoy hiking, relax, or grab lunch at 5506′.
When visiting the North Carolina High Country, this is an experience you don’t want to miss.
Hours of operation:
Thursday 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Single Ride $10
Junior Day (12 and under) $28
Five and under ride free with a paid adult.
Beech Mountain Resort opens for the summer season on Saturday, May 28th.
Beech Mountain Resort offers a $5 shuttle ride to the summit! The shuttle is a great option for someone that may not feel comfortable riding the lift. Please note that the shuttle is not suitable for small children, that require a car seat or booster seat. The $5 shuttle ticket includes a ride up and back down. Tickets can be purchased in Ski Beech Sports. Shuttle space is very limited.
Thursday Ride Up (shuttle located at the end of lot #1) 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m.
Friday -Sunday Ride Up(shuttle located at the end of lot #1)11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m.
Please note that the ride down from the summit runs on the half hour, with the last ride down at 5:30 p.m. daily!
Summer Lift Ride Regulations
Scenic lift rides, bicycle access lift rides, and disc golf access lift rides are offered on designated weekends at Beech Mountain Resort. The Quad Chair Lift is typically used to access the top of our mountain with breathtaking views stretching for miles. The following list of regulations is associated with the above listed lift ride tickets. Additional regulations not listed may be added.
- No one is guaranteed access to a lift ride, and lift access can be denied
- Scenic, bicycle, and disc golf lift rides are not available during winter operations
- Times of lift operation may change and are subject to weather conditions
- Thunder and lightning and wind may cause the lift to be closed
- Riders must be in suitable physical condition to be able to load and unload the lift
- Dress should be appropriate for changes in temperature and weather
- Proper footwear for walking on the side of a mountain should be worn
- Children must be at least 36” tall Please be advised this is strictly enforced. You must be 36″ tall regardless of if accompanied by an adult.
- No child carriers, and no crutches, walkers or wheel chairs are allowed
- NO INFANTS
- Parents are responsible for the safety of their minor children
- Back packs must be removed and held on the chair or the passenger’s lap
- No one that appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will have access
- No alcohol, or open containers are permitted on the lift
- No dogs
- Riders must be able to properly fit into a rescue harness
- There are no restraint straps or belts on the chairs
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely
BEECH MOUNTAIN RESORT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE THAT DOES NOT FOLLOW, OR WHO DEVIATES FROM THE REGULATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH LIFT USAGE. PLEASE BE ADVISED OF ALL REGULATIONS PRIOR TO PURCHASING A TICKET.
You are entering a high mountain environment. There are inherent risks associated with mountain biking, hiking, or other recreational activities in this type of environment. Trail conditions vary constantly because of weather, biker, hiker, and other use. Variations in terrain, types of ground surface, forest growth, rocks and debris may be encountered and may be hidden by vegetation. Snow making equipment and other natural or manmade obstacles and hazards may exist throughout the area. You enter this area at your own risk, and you must assume any and all risks of personal injury, or death, and damage to equipment.