Today We Come Together To Conquer Colon Cancer
Join us on Saturday, March 12, 2022 at Beech Mountain Resort, in Beech Mountain, NC.
Let’s come together, once again, to kick colon cancer’s butt (pun intended) No one should lose a mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, or any person we love, so let’s ski, snowboard, show up and raise funds for the cause! Not a skier or snowboarder? No problem… Register to be a fundraiser to still be a part of a great event and win cool prizes!
Runs for Buns is similar to a run or walk to support cancer, participants can ask family and friends to pledge per ski run or make a simple donation. Participants range in age and many do not even ski. Join us for a day of skiing, snowboard and fun all for a good cause.
100% of donations and registration fees benefit the Colon Cancer Coalition. The chance of surviving colon cancer goes up with early detection and treatment-but only 40% of colon cancers are found in the early stages. Help us increase screening rates and save more lives.
Register as an individual or a team and ask family or friends to support your fundraising efforts. Not a skier, no problem! You can still be a part of a great event, and win cool prizes. The goal is simply to raise awareness and conquer colon cancer.
Lift Ticket Discounts
All participants can purchase lift tickets at the discounted group rate. For more information on our group rates page.
All Watauga and Avery county students and teachers that participate can purchase tickets for $30. All the proceeds from ticket sales will go directly to the Colon Cancer Coalition.
There are THREE Ways to Fund-raise
- SIMPLE DONATION. Simple donation means that donors give a flat rate regardless of how many runs you do.
- PLEDGE PER RUN. Pledge per run means that donors pledge a dollar amount for every run you complete at the GYRIG event. For example, you can pledge $1 per run.
- VIRTUAL AUCTION. Bidding will start March 6th and end March 12th at 6 p.m.
For more information, email [email protected]
Schedule of Events:
Sunday, March 6th, 2022:
- Virual Auction begins and ends March 12th, 2022 at 6p.m. https://one.bidpal.net/runsforbuns22/welcome
Monday, March 7, 2022:
- 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Give Back with Five Guys in Boone, NC
Wednesday, March 9, 2022:
- 6 p.m. – Join Revolution Boone and help fight colon cancer! Rides are $30 a person and all proceeds will be donated to the Colon Cancer Coalition. Registration opens Feb 23rd!
Saturday, March 12, 2022:
- 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Registration and Team Packet Pick-Up in the Group Sales Office
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Runs for Buns- Participants will ski as many runs as possible using lift 5. There will be a special designated lift line for all participants. Runs will be tallied by 6 p.m.
- 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Photo Booth located inside the Taproom and Grill
- 6 p.m. Virtual Auction Ends
- 6 p.m.- Awards
- 8 p.m.- Live Music with Yo Mama’s Big Fat Booty Band and Electro Love
Tuesday, March 22, 2022:
10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Give Back with Come Back Shack in Boone, NC
Awards will be given to:
Top Fundraising Team
Most Runs for the Day, Ski & Snowboard
Most Spirited Team
Join us after awards in the Taproom and Grill for live music with Funk You – donation based tickets will be offered in advanced or accepted at the door.
Bistro Roca ‘Antlers Bar’
Famous Brick Oven Pizzeria
Apple Hill Farm
Canvas Beauty Bar
Boone Bike & Touring
Discovery Dog Training, LLC
Sole Impact Studios
The Mustard Seed
Blowing Rock Art & History Museum
Vacations Plus Travel
The Speckled Trout
Mast General Store