Join us on Saturday, March 7, 2020 at Beech Mountain Resort, in Beech Mountain, NC.
Similar to a run or walk to support cancer, GYRIG participants can ask family or friends to donate on their behalf. Participants range in age and many do not even ski. Join us for a day of live music, skiing, snowboarding, parties, contest and more!
100% of donations and registration fees benefit the Colon Cancer Coalition. The chance of surviving colon cancer goes up with early detection and treatment-but only 40% of colon cancers are found in the early stages. Help us increase screening rates and save more lives.
Register as an individual or a team and ask family or friends to support your fundraising efforts. Not a skier, no problem! You can still be a part of a great event, and win cool prizes. The goal is simply to raise awareness and conquer colon cancer.
There are two ways to fund-raise:
- SIMPLE DONATION. Simple donation means that donors give a flat rate regardless of how many runs you do.
- PLEDGE PER RUN. Pledge per run means that donors pledge a dollar amount for every run you complete at the GYRIG event. For example, you can pledge $1 per run.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Events and Contest:
Live Music: Join us after awards in the Taproom and Grill for live music with Big Sam’s Funky Nation-Donations will be accepted at the door.
Awards will be given to:
- Top fundraising Team
- Best Costume-Adult and Child Category
- Most Spirited Team
Schedule of Events:
Monday, March 2, 2020:
- 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Give Back with Come Back Shack Boone, NC
Tuesday, March 3, 2020:
- 7:15 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. Colon Cancer Awareness Fundraiser with High Country Yoga
- 7 p.m. Give Back with Revolution Boone
Wednesday, March 4, 2020:
- 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Runs for Buns Share Night at Appalachian Mountain Brewery and Cidery
- 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Give Back with Bodegas
- 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Give Back with Mellow Mushroom
Thursday, March 5, 2020:
- 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Purposeful Pints with Colon Cancer Coalition at Beech Mountain Brewing Company
- All day: Give Back with Fred’s General Mercantile
Friday, March 6, 2020:
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Family Night at The Famous Brick Oven Pizzeria
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Live Music with Josh Perryman
Saturday, March 7, 2020:
- 7:30 am to 9am- Registration and Team Packet Pick-Up in the Taproom and Grill
- 9am to 5pm- Runs for Buns- Participants will ski as many runs as possible using lift 5 and 6. There will be a special designated lift line for all participants. Runs will be tallied by 6 p.m.
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Silent Auction-Taproom and Grill
- 6 p.m.- Awards
- 8 p.m.- Live Music with Big Sam’s Funky Nation