Explore the intricate Beech Mountain Resort mountain biking trails and find out why it is often utilized for National Championship races.
The terrain offers something for every rider, from the beginner to experienced. Beginner trails offer a smooth introduction for the novice rider, with friendly and manageable features. Our advanced terrain is steep and technical, with lots of rock, tricky corners and technical wood descents.
Our lift accommodates up to four riders per chair and offers the opportunity to easily self-load and un-load bikes, minimizing rough handling and unnecessary wear. Plus, enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the mountain as you ride up to the highest bike park in the east at 5,506 feet elevation.
Mountain Bike Lessons
A talented team of instructors is ready to take you exactly where you want to go, whether you are brand new to the sport and want to ease into riding, or you are an experienced rider looking to perfect your skills.
After an assessment of the rider’s ability, this lesson will provide skills-based instruction to increase confidence in the park.
- 1/2 day (10am – 2pm or 2pm – 6pm) – $90
- Full day (10am – 6pm) – $160 -Includes Lift Ticket
Guided Mountain Bike Tour Ride
Take a guided mountain bike tour ride with to see and explore all the trails Beech Mountain has to offer. Our experienced guides can custom-tailor a quality experience for you for a smooth transition into the park. Tours are available every hour.
- 1 hour – $30
Mountain Bike Rentals
Magic Cycles will offer three premium bikes for rent this year at Beech Mountain:
- 140mm travel Giant Trance – $80/day
- Giant Reign with 160mm travel – $100/day
- Giant Glory with 200mm travel – $120/day
All bikes will be available for half day rentals. Rental charges include a full-face helmet and body armor with each bike.
Each bike will be reviewed, updated, and approved before renting in a full-service repair shop stocked with a full range of parts and accessories.
Have your own bike, but no gear? Gear rental is also available.
- Full-face helmet and body armor – $40
- Full-face helmet – $20
- Body armor – $20
Magic Cycles has over 20 years of experience.
Reservations are strongly recommended. Please call Magic Cycles to reserve your bike! (828) 265-2211
Summer Mountain Bike Hours for 2015
June 5th – September 27th
Lift Ticket Prices
Single Ride: $10
All Day: $35
Mountain Bike Responsibility Code
Mountain biking involves elements of risk that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Please adhere to the responsibility code.
- Ride in control and within your ability level. You must be able to avoid other people or objects around you.
- Do not use the lifts and trails if your ability is impaired by the use of drugs or alcohol.
- All riders must wear a helmet. Full face helmets, body armor, gloves, knee, shin, and elbow pads are highly recommended.
- Make sure that your bike and components work properly.
- You must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload lifts.
- Stay on designated trails. Obey all signs and warnings. Keep off closed areas.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- Be aware of changing conditions on trails and features.
- Familiarize yourself with the trails and choose trails within your ability. Choose the proper line in a technical area for your ability. When in doubt, walk your bike.
- Stop and prepare to yield when crossing a road used by vehicles, hikers or other cyclists.
- If you are involved in or witness to a collision or accident, you should remain at the scene and identify yourself to the bike patrol.
- Respect the environment and wildlife. Do not litter.
This is a partial list. Be safety conscious. It is your responsibility.
In Case of Emergency
Retrace your steps, or proceed downhill to find a landmark or one of the small signs along the trails with a letter and a number to indicate your location. This number will help the bike patrol or EMS to locate where you are. Call 828-387-2362 (the bike patrol) to report the incident.
Emerald Outback Trails
During the week, when Beech Mountain Resort is closed, enjoy mountain biking, hiking and trail running year-round on Beech Mountain’s Emerald Outback. For more information, please visit their website.