Make work your adventure at Beech Mountain Resort. We are a community of adventurers and outdoor enthusiasts. Beech Mountain Resort is committed to providing a once-in-a-lifetime experience to our guests and employees. Our team is made up of dedicated and compassionate individuals who are committed to providing an outdoor experience for all. Join our summer team and make work your adventure. For a full list of employment opportunities and to apply, click here.
Bike Park Trail Crew:
To positively contribute to a team of trail building professionals in the construction and maintenance of all trails and features within the Beech Mountain Bike Park and resort trail system.
· Operates a variety of hand tools, power tools and some heavy equipment including but not limited to shovels, axes, chainsaws, nail guns, ATVs, etc.
· Constantly monitors all areas of the bike park for potential hazards including but not limited to downed trees, limbs and branches, missing or damaged signage, soil or rock erosion, feature damage or degradation.
· Assists with and ensures the regular inspections and maintenance of equipment and tools is performed by operators or as set forth by the manufacturer’s recommendations in order to optimize the crew’s productivity and keep all equipment and tools in good repair.
· Conducts all trail building and maintenance to professional standards with the goals of stability, sustainability, and trail rating appropriateness.
· Ensures professionally designed and finished ‘go-arounds’ are built at all significant features on blue square and black diamond trails to provide an obvious and low risk alternative path for riders not confident in their ability to ride the feature. This will also be completed on double black diamond trails when and where it is possible to do so.
· Ensures all trail work areas are finished properly and aesthetically by removing, burying, or neatly stacking all trees and large limbs, seeding and haying all disturbed dirt and the sides and backs of berms, tables, etc.
· Ensures proper signage is installed on all new trails, features, and drops prior to opening.
· Ensures all new or redesigned trails, features, and or drops are signed off on by the mountain manager prior to opening to the public.
· Maintains communication with bike patrol and makes arrangement for the maintenance and or repair of any trail sections or features reported in need of maintenance and or repair.
· Manages water drainage on trails by the use of drainage pipe, culverts, ditches and sustainable trail designs which minimize erosion and enhance the sustainability of trails.
· Required to assist with bike park events.
Beech Mountain Resort is widely known as the southeast’s premier ski destination. Located just 24 miles from Boone, NC, Beech Mountain offers year-round amenities from skiing to mountain biking and an on-site brewery. Come see why so many are drawn to our mountain town and experience a community of dedicated, loyal winter enthusiasts.
Join the Beech Mountain resort team and make work your adventure www.beechmountainresort.com
Beech Mountain Resort is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.