5 Disc Golf Tips for Beginners
Are you new to the sport and ready to perfect your skills? Take these disc golf tips for beginners and get ready to win your next match.
1. Play an entire round with a putter and gain an understanding of throwing a putter at a long distance. Once you perfect throwing a putter, it will be easier to throw a mid-range at a long distance.
2. Play rounds with people who are better than you and ask for simple pointers on how to improve.
3. Develop your own putting style. Putting styles vary from push to spin putting and you have to find out what works for you. Follow the same routine, because good putting wins rounds.
4. Practice field work and find an open area so you can throw at different power and angles. Gain an understanding of the flights of all your discs, so you will have more confidence with varying course layouts.
5. YouTube is your friend. They have plenty of videos offering disc golf tips for beginners, so once you watch some videos you can take your new knowledge to the course.
Bonus tip: When throwing at high altitude your discs will travel farther and even farther when throwing downhill. Move down in disc speed, so that you can have more accuracy when throwing downhill.
About Beech Mountain Resort’s Disc Golf Course
Located just 24 miles from Boone, North Carolina, Beech Mountain Resort’s disc golf course features Innova DISCatcher Pro baskets and offers a one of a kind layout. Although there are some really long shots on the front nine, there is a downhill advantage and all 18 holes are still played as a par 3. The back nine will provide you with several birdie opportunities and provide an easier layout for novice players.
The Front 9
For those who are seeking more of a challenge, the front 9 provides a technical layout and a nice range of shots with varying lengths. Prepare to play a bit of safe golf on the front nine, because this dominantly downhill portion of the course can be brutal if overthrows or unintentional rollers occur.
The Back 9
The back 9 is suitable for all skill levels and accessible from the village. It does not require a lift ride to the summit. This portion of the course is also positioned in close proximity to Beech Mountain Brewing Co., so you can have easy access to food and beverage offerings. Beech Mountain Brewing Co. beers are crafted onsite and available for a post match refreshment. If you are looking to purchase Disc Golf Gear, visit Ski Beech Sports for new disc and disc rentals.